- Reference: RBP2057
- Year: 1962
- Length: 12.2m 42ft
Wal Shirt 42 Motor Cruiser
A lovely timber cruiser, with Huon pine splined hull, built by the renown Sydney builder Wal Shirt in 1962. Wal was foreman for Halvorsens and responsible for many fine vessels. Genesis has had a number of caring owners who updated equipment and maintained her well over the years. The principal change was the replacement of main engines with high quality Perkins 130 diesels.
This is a classic design, planked hull painted white with varnished topsides. The foredeck teak was removed and the deck professionally replaced 18 months ago, the teak trim around the cockpit has been retained. Internally she is spacious with generous saloon and two lower deck cabins including mid ships double.
This is a well built coastal cruiser that will provide many years of economical coastal cruising.
Features and Equipment of this vessel include:
- Perkins Sabre 130hp main engines 130hp 650 hours only, Paragon gearboxes, shaft drive
- Ryobi portable genset
- Two cabin layout with large bathroom
- Full galley, 4br Lido stove, Gas Oven and grill, Microwave plenty of storage and bench space
- Walker Bay tender on davits with 5hp Mercury outboard
- Good selection of electronics, Raymarine C80 to flybridge, Garmin GPS, ST 40 sounder, Navionics charting, VHF and 27mhz radios
- 630 litres fuel in stainless tanks, 400 litres water in copper and fiberglass tanks
- Horizon 1500 windlass, 100m of 10mm gal chain, 45lb and 35lb anchors
- Marcon hydraulic steering
- Sideshift bowthruster
- Quality battery installation, 2 startm 4 Trojan house batteries, Truecharge 40AH charger, 3000wat inverter, 200watts of solar
- Bimini to flybridge, rear awning, window and deck covers
- Antifouled and engine service Jan 2020,
- Inspections by appointment please. Located Bribie Island north of Brisbane 1hr.