- Reference: RBP2017
- Year: 2004
- Length: 47ft 14.3m
Classic 42 Motor Yacht “Tally Ho”
This highly regarded coastal cruiser is now offered for sale.
A custom designed and built vessel, hand crafted in composite fibreglass materials by master shipwright Greg Neilsen in Brisbane and launched 2004. “Tally Ho” is a high-quality vessel of superior construction compared to mass produced factory vessels, fitted out with the best equipment and in quality timbers and finishes. If you're considering a Palm Beach or a Salthouse you should consider Tally Ho!
Her design adopts all those features essential to a good coastal cruiser
- Safe, seagoing hull that is comfortable and forgiving
- Robust construction to withstand anything the elements can provide
- Twin engines for reliability
- Protection for props and rudders
- High cruising speeds above 10 knots, likes 12 !
- Long range capacity
- Walk around decks
- A deep safe cockpit
- Spacious, light and well-ventilated saloon
- Walk around Queen master cabin
- Additional beds for guest
- Generous storage and good weight carrying ability
The design succeeds in providing all that and much more. The vessel is beautifully finished with quality joinery and offers plenty of space in her 47ft overall (42 on deck) for a cruising couple or family.
The 212hp Steyrs and large tank capacity provide over 500 miles of range at better than 10 knots and 750 miles if best economy is observed. She is fully equipped for long term independent cruising to compliment the range.
The galley is aft portside adjacent the undercover cockpit and is fully equipped with SMEV gas cooktop, oven and Isotherm fridge. There is a lot of bench space and storage will suit those who like cooking. The salon open plan, spacious, well ventilated with exceptional visibility all around. The helm fully equipped with a range of Furuno Navnet gear, electronic engine management from Steyr plus a FLIR night vision camera.
There are two cabins, a master island Queen and a second private cabin with two bunks. The bathroom adjacent has Lectrasan toilet system and a separate shower stall with door to keep the rest of the bathroom dry.
Tallyho is an attractive, very well-conceived and constructed, well performed sedan style cruiser that is safe, comfortable, fast and economical, just perfect for coastal or weekend cruising.
Features and Equipment of this vessel include:
- Steyr 212hp 6-cylinder shaft drive diesels, low hours, serviced by Steyr agents since new
- Paguro 6kva genset
- Furuno Navnet GPS, autopilot, sounder
- Steyr electronic engine monitoring systems
- FLIR forward looking infrared night vision camera system
- Queen master cabin with walk around island bed
- Second cabin with double bunks
- Bathroom with separate shower stall, toilet with Vetus freshwater flush and 120 litre holding tank
- Walk around side decks
- Fully equipped galley with SMEV gas cooktop, oven, lots of storage and bench space, Isotherm 12v front opening fridge
- Eutectic freezer and cockpit fridge
- Premium hooded gas BBQ
- Hypalon tender with Honda outboard
- DAVCO electric crane and rooftop tender storage
- Swim platform
- Deep safe cockpit
- Transom door
- 1500 litres fuel, 1200 litres water
- Long range capability, high displacement cruising speed
- 30 litres per hour at 10-12 knots
- Propeller and rudder protection
- Fusion stereo system
- Excellent hopper window system with exceptional ventilation
- Roller blinds
- Maxwell windlass (stainless steel)
- Just antifouled, service records and history available
- Located Raby Bay Brisbane
- Inspections by appointment please