A rare opportunity. Its not often vessels of historic significance come on the market, even less often when they have been re-furbished and renovated, such as Wangadir.
Built by Watson and Wright in Brisbane, launched 1940, served in WWII before later plying Northern waters as a Coastal cargo carrier before being converted to a recreation vessel. Significantly restored and renovated in 2015 and subsequently as a private recreational cruiser and on the Register as an historic vessel since 2008.
Wangadir is Gardiner powered, the engine also being restored by Bryant Brothers in 2015. She is a spacious coastal cruiser with old world charm and some modern conveniences, the best of both worlds.
Beautifully presented, classy and elegant, historic yet with modern appliances and equipment. With all the work done she is now in excellent condition ready to continue cruising in style. Located Brisbane, inspections by private appointment please.
Features and Equipment of this vessel include:
- Spotted gum hull, fiberglass sheathed deck and wheelhouse
- Gardiner 6L3b engine overhauled by Bryant Brothers 2015
- Modern galley and bathroom, traditional cabin and wheelhouse
- New tanks, 1200 litres fuel, 900 water in bladders
- Huge master cabin with en-suite bathroom
- Spacious saloon and bridge
- New electrical systems
- Radicon windlass, 50m of 16mm chain, 33kg plough and spare Bruce anchor
- Portable airconditioner main cabin
- Saura compass, Garmin GPS 750, AP4 autopilot, Garmin, Icom 506 VHF
- Single lever throttle, rotary gearshift
- New modern galley with Vitrifrigio drawer fridge/freezer and Force Ten gas stove
- Modern bathroom with electric toilet, holding tank
- Enormous master bedroom
- Generous saloon and helm oozing charm and elegance
- Bryant Bros servicing
- Barry Colson survey report available (Insurance)
- Inspections by prior appointment please
Call for full details and inventory or to make an appointment to view. We are open Monday to Friday with all inspections by prior appointment. Please call to make a time or to receive a detailed inventory and other information.
Every care is taken when compiling this information; however we take no responsibility as to its accuracy. Prospective Purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of this information by their own inspection, or engage a Marine Surveyor.
We are pleased to be members of the Boating Industry Association. For your peace of mind, we recommend you only deal with BIA members.